Sunday, July 7, 2013

FREE books, summer lovin’ & fonts!!!

Hi, Friends! How are ya?! Howzabout a little summer randomness?! I'm linking up with Michelle from Fabulous in First to share a little of what I've been up to! Ready? Let's go!

 

I hope you’re enjoying lazy summer days. I’ve been m.i.a from my little blog and FB page spending much needed quality time with my peeps. While I’ve been enjoying some “off” time, I have dug into a little summer reading…

Slide1

….really enjoying The Next Step in Guided Reading! Can you tell by all the scribbles and highlighting? Doodling helps me remember things. I’m a kinesthetic, visual learner so I’m sure there’ll be some pictures doodled in there too [as reminders] for starting guided reading off on the right foot this year. I love teaching reading and enjoy soaking in as much as possible about the why’s and why not’s of it all…

Slide2

One of my goals this year is to read aloud from chapter books more often. I have to admit, I started to, BUT fell away from it last year. It was just one of those things that we seemed to never get around to. I have a small stash of chapter books for my high readers in the classroom, but knew I would need more to complete read alouds.  Enter summer cleanout! Instead of ordering more books, I enlisted my kiddos to do some personal summer cleaning!

Slide3

Kill two birds with one stone, you say? Why, certainly! My kiddos are heading into 7th and 3rd grade, so I knew they had books in their rooms that were no longer a “good fit”. Thank you, Lordy! Instead of my usual Amazon spree….I had both clean off their shelves and create a little stash for me to grab as I begin putting my classroom together. Score! Clean rooms and MORE books for school. $0 spent. Well, at least not until I have to buy THEM some more! HA!!!  =P

Slide4

After getting the house all tidy, we set out for summer fun and have been chillaxin’ ever since! I’ve discovered that I’m a bit of a workaholic. Having my oldest daughter turn 20, really helped me to see just how quickly time flies. It also made me decide to prioritize and make hanging out with my peeps more of a priority.

Slide5

*LOVE* these crazy kids!

ANNNND, {OK, I admit it!} I have worked just a tiny bit! I know, I know…..what about the chillaxin? Well, they’ve gotta sleep sometime, lol! In between fun escapes, I’ve managed to update a couple files and doodle a little.

Slide1 Slide1
 
If you’ve purchased either of these little sets, please re-download the updated file.
 
Slide4 Slide5

Yep! I finally got around to uploading a few of my fun doodles! Check out the first little sets of fonts in my TPT store too! There will most certainly be MORE to come…….AFTER a LOT more chillaxin’!

Laters, gators!


 

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of The Next Step in Guided Reading... but I am going to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read more chapter books too! I started reading Junie B to my kinders and they absolutely loved it!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Next Step is one of my faves?! It sits on my table during GR and on my nightstand when I come home!! I also want to read more chapter books this year! Any recommendations?

    Gracie
    www.livinglargeinfirst.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little love.....Thanks! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...