Sunday, March 10, 2013

Let’s Get Acquainted Linky Fun

‘Twas the night before spring break and all through the house, no kids are sleeping. They’re so loud, I’m sure they’d scare a mouse! I shrug my shoulders and do not care because I’m joining a fun linky and tomorrow we’re going NO WHERE! Hahaaaa! =)

Slide1

Latoya’s been thinking of a linky so I thought I’d join in and help her get started. Linky parties are always fun ways to meet and get to know new friends. This one came with one fun rule…

Share 3 things about yourself that you like or like to do using your initials.
 
…so here we go! My initials are TSD.
 
T.......I was sitting next to my sister and asked what the T should stand for and she blurted out TALK before I could even finish my sentence! Grrrr……So, I guess I’ve kinda got the gift of gab, lol! I like to talk, chit chat away, converse, …..=)…..with people I trust. I’m pretty quiet around people that I don’t know well, but once I open up….I’m very talkative, super silly, and *LOVE* to laugh. After a dose of Benadryl, I’m REALLY talkative and so I’ve been told (Pre-TTY darn funny}, lol!
 
 
Slide3
 
S…….say cheese! I *LOVE* snapping pictures even more than I love talking! Snapshots capture our memories. They’re a permanent record of times we’ve shared, important things we’ve created…the capturing of a moment in time that we’ll never experience again.  If there’s a camera around, count me in!
 
D……doodle. I *LOVE* to draw.
 
Slide2
 
We use directed drawings, graphic organizers, and anchor charts in the classroom a lot. My two best friends or handy dandy “go-to” things are a blank sheet of paper with a pencil or sharpie. If I can’t find what I’m looking for, I whip one out and draw it or we collectively use drawing to reflect on our learning.  In math, 3D shapes. Reading, graphic organizers. Science, minibook foldables….and the list goes on and on!

Slide4

Stop by Latoya’s blog to get to know a few bloggers a little better! Happy spring break y’all! =)

6 comments:

  1. I am the same way! I talk oodles if I am comfortable with the person.

    We I get around new people I might as well have a mute button on because I don't talk at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your artwork and graphic organizers! Your handwriting is so neat! I am a lefty and have to work really hard to make mine....readable!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! Just hopped over to your super cute blog and signed up for educents! I've always been a doodler and a scribbler, lol! My real handwriting is pretty elaborate. I have to tone it down so my firsties can read it! =)

      Delete
  3. What a fun linky!
    I'm like that too with the talking. Benadryl puts me to sleep though. It's white wine that loosens MY tongue. Haha.
    Take care.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute poem at the beginning...so creative! Love your "doodling". I attempt to doodle but it just turns out looking like...well you know. Your graphic organizers are great. Looks like we use some of the same books to teach the same skills : )

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little love.....Thanks! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...