Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the Teacher~ME!!!

Hi, Friends! How are ya? I can’t believe how long its been since I’ve updated the blog! I took a little time to just live and enjoy my family, but now I’m back and ready to jump into the swing of things. Since I’ve been M.I.A…..I thought participating in a fun linky might be a good way to emerge from my little cocoon.

999180_747728619655_1937550582_n[1]

Each day this week, I’ll be linking up for Teacher Week over at Blog Hoppin’. You won’t want to miss this one. Be sure to stop by and get to know some of your favorite bloggers.
Ready?  Here we go……..LET’S TALK ABOUT ME! You may learn a little more than you every really wanted to know, lol! =)
  0910 Pics 173

1.  I’ve been married to one of my childhood friends for the past 13 years. We grew up in the same neighborhood…on the same street. Our families knew each other before we were born. We joke about not really being sure of when we met because somehow, we’ve always been in each other’s lives. Though time, distance, and military service have changed the nature of our relationship….he is and always will be, the love of my life.

10C
 
2.  My 3 favorite people on the planet call me ‘Mom’! I have 3 beautiful children…Brelan, Deja, and DJ. Brelan is the supermodel….has never met a camera or picture of Chris Brown she didn’t like! Deja is the sweetheart, genuinely very sweet and trusting. DJ…is the mathematician, ball player, and very protective of his mommy and sisters. Though they’re growing a little older everyday, I still call them my babies and love on them every chance I get!
 
photo 3
 
3.  One of my favorite things to do is paint. I get so excited about painting projects……right up…..until I get started and remember that its actual WORK! Ha! The process can be painful, but I love the end product. I’ve managed to add a little flair to several walls in my home, so we’ll see where the next paintbrush strokes take me….
 
photo 2
 
4.  My two favorite colors are pink and green….aside from being pretty and preppy, they’re also the colors of my sorority…Alpha Kappa Alpha, Inc.

5.  Speaking of pretty…I’d describe my style as comfy prep. I love pretty things, but comfort comes first! I find lots of comfy things at my favorite stores…Kohl’s, TJ Maxx, GAP and NY&Co. I never pay more than $20 for a piece of clothing…..EVER!

            

6.  I don’t get much time to watch T.V., but when I do, it’s mostly reality TV.  (Don’t judge me.) I know….it’s a horrible habit, but finding a few minutes a week to laugh at other’s lives takes my mind off some of the craziness going on in mine, lol! And who could resist Uncle Si?! I mean really? Something has just got to be wrong with you if you don’t like Duck Dynasty! Until Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy come back on, reality TV fun it is!

photo 4
7.  Sunglasses! For me, sunglasses are a must! They’re either on my face or on my head….in my purse and another pair in the car. The bigger, the better.

DSC00531

8.  My church…I love it! I appreciate being planted in an anointed ministry that is thriving, changing lives, and training me to grow in all areas of my life. Walking into the doors of Destiny World Outreach Center feels like being embraced in a hug. Even though there are thousands of members, my pastors know who I am and work to stay connected to the people in their congregation. All things are done in order and with excellence. It’s an awesome place to be and one of the places where I feel most comfortable to be completely myself…the me I was created to be…a worshipper of the almighty God!

DSC00497 DSC00498

9.  Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! …..and MORE shoes! I {great big puffy heart} *LOVE* shoes!!!!

10. ….and am completely grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with so many awesome teachers in the blogging world! It has been the most beneficial professional development I’ve participated in….teachers helping other teachers! Now THAT’S where it’s at, Jack!

Thanks for sticking around and getting to know me a little better. Leave a comment…I’d love to get to know you too! See ya tomorrow….there may be a FREEBIE in it for ya! I’m in a different classroom and can’t wait to share my new digs with you!
Here’s a sneak peek……

DSC00529

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little love.....Thanks! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...