Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My teacher always says…Linky

It’s summer, so you know what that means! Bring on the linky parties! I’m linking up with Tammy from Forever in First to share a few of the funnies that I hear trickle out of my mouth on a pretty consistent basis. Of course, this is only a sample…there are soooo many more!



So, let’s get started, shall we? =)

Slide1

Cut right to the chase with that one, huh? This is a biggie! We have lots of discussions about whether or not the words we’re using are tattling to get someone in trouble or telling to ensure everyone’s safety. Usually, the answer to this question requires a little thinking and often leads to kiddos deciding on a solution for their problem without my help. Love it!

Slide4

If the first one doesn’t work and the “Can I tell you something?” actually does turn out to be a tattle, the next question I ask is…. “Who are YOU {emphasis on YOU} responsible for?”. Results…..kid sighs, says ME…smiles…and walks away.

Slide3
We spend a LOT of time at the beginning of the year establishing classroom expectations as a little school family. Because I involve the kids in establishing the expectations, I absolutely hold them responsible for them. Soooo, when I see wackadoodle behavior, I simply ask the question above which usually results in either a big whopping smile or admittance and self-correction.

Slide2

Now, this one I usually hum under my breath on days when I need a little help, lol! Hey, (in my Uncle Si voice…) who better to call on when you need help to make it through a tough day? When I’m humming this little diddy…run, don’t walk…..RUN in the opposite direction!

Slide5

After I’ve taught a sight word or phonics pattern…I expect my kiddos to use their “tools” to spell the word correctly….so if they ask me how to spell it, I usually turn it around and put it back on them to take ownership of their learning.

Slide6
 

Have you seen Despicable Me? This one you HAVE to say in your “minion” voice! Surprised? Shocked? In awe….this is your go-to response. BUT you have to remember to use your minion voice and watch the giggle fest begin. If you haven’t seen the first movie, you’ll get another chance very soon. Despicable Me 2 comes out July 3rd. I’m thinking your minion voice will be pretty popular this year!

Slide7

Each and every day…I tell my kids that I love them {because I do} especially when they do something their proud of. For 9 months we spend our entire day together, working, learning and becoming our best selves. I love them to pieces!

I’ve been told I express a lot more with my face, than I say verbally….so, “the look” is pretty effective for me too, but its kinda hard to type that one in a text box! Ha! I know there are a few phrases you can think of that you use all the time. Head over and link up with Tammy to share them! I bet we’ll find that we all have a few in common!

Happy summer to my friends already out…enjoy the linky fun! To my friends, still wrapping up the year…chin up, almost there!

 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, apparently you and I have the exact same "go to's" for what we always say... I could even hear myself saying them as I was reading! hahaha The only one I'd have to add for me is "For the love..." and I say that one a lot in place of the "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus". Love your link up! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teachers must have their own language. Here are a few more things I say each day or several times a day. Are you making a positive choice? What do you think? Can you wait? 1,2,3 eyes on me. I can't wait to see you tomorrow:-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, thank you so much for joining my linky. I'm really enjoying listening in on the things that teachers are repeatedly saying in their classrooms. I totally get "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus." I believe I've got something similar like, "Dear Lord." :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya,
    I like "Who are YOU responsible for?" I just put one JESUS in it!! lol
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like "how do you think you should spell it"--I get really tired of saying just sound it out.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little love.....Thanks! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...