Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Fantastic Freebie Frenzy…

…continues!  Hi, Friends! How are ya?

Me?  I’m making it.  I’m in between appointments right now, but didn’t want to leave you without a fantastic freebie for today.  You may remember this little packet of goodies.

BOY Literacy Activities Preview

It’s my Beginning of the Year Literacy Activities packet.  You can even read a review about it here! As a thank you for following my little bloggity blog, I pulled one of the activities just for YOU!

Slide35 

It’s important for firsties to be able to change and manipulate sounds in order to read words.  For some of them, its very helpful if you can turn this type of activity into game play. You know us teachers, have to be really sneaky to get all of those all important skills in without it being blatantly “taught”.  Students learn most when they’re having fun!

Slide36

After you’ve introduced this skill and practiced it some, place this activity in a work station for extended practice.  The directions for how to play the game are included.

                                     Slide37 Slide38

There are two pages of words to use in game play.  This type of  game can be differentiated for different letter combinations, such as glued sounds, blends, word families…etc. I’m currently working on some more to add to the little TPT shop!  This one was made with the beginning of the year in mind to practice CVC words.

Slide39

The reflection sheet is designed to be printed double sided.  When you open the GoogleDoc, you’ll see both pages. 

I hope you’re able to make use of this goodie and will check out the larger packet for which it is a part of.  The entire packet sells for $5.00 and I’ve received positive feedback from those who have purchased it thus far!

Comment below and let me know what you think!  I’ve gotta run! I got the official word last night that my beloved car is headed to Honda Heaven so this girl has got to get busy finding herself another means of transportation!

Don’t forget to grab your freebie! It’s hiding behind the pumpkin! =) Catcha later! Give a hug, ladybug!

8 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful!!!! Kids will definitely learn a lot from playing this game!

    Come stop by my new Clip Art blog!
    Tammy

    1...2...3...Teach With Me
    Dots of Fun! Clip Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of my students' reading struggles are based on both their yet-to-be-developed phonemic awareness skills and then the ability to manipulate sounds. I have only found 2 activities that I love using to provide practice with these skills. Now I have another a third - fantastic! THANKS!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, you are awesome!! Thanks for the adorable freebie! My students will get a lot of use out of it. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful freebie! Thank you, so much!

    Your newest follower,
    Hope
    teachingwhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much. Can't wait to see how it goes with my first grader. :o)

    The Paper Maid

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having problems accewssing this and would love to use this. Can you email it?? Pretty please!! 1st4melibbyg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the wonderful freebie! Perfect activity for Firsties to practice at the beginning of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little love.....Thanks! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...