Monday, June 25, 2012

IKEA FINDS

Did you have a marvelous Monday?  I’ve spent most of mine with my nose buried in a book.  I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to dig into a certain ‘Grey’ series, BUT alas…until I take my ESL exam on Saturday, I must wait!

I’ve seen lots of posts and pics about trips to IKEA and recently took a little drive to our closest one.  Luckily,  its about 45 minutes away and provides a playroom for up to an hour for the little ones.  Are you thinking the same thing I did? A mini-vacay? Hahaha! Oh, yeah!

You know you’re a mom, when an hour of {quietly} shopping alone, sounds like a mini-vacation!

photo 1

The first thing that I wanted to pick up was this cute bed canopy.  One of my previous team members had one and I just loved walking into her serene classroom.  It always made me feel so calm and relaxed.  I’m looking forward to a new set up this year and think these will make my library station much more attractive.

photo 2

I liked these numbered organizers too.  I don’t normally buy things that I don’t already have a use in mind for, but I just couldn’t pass these up.  Any suggestions?

photo 3

Isn’t he cute? I’m still trying to decide if this little guy is a head of broccoli or a tree, but either way..he came home with me!  I’m thinking of adding task cards and small pointers in his pockets for the library work station as well.  I may have to “beef” him up a little with a backdrop.  We’ll see…

photo 4

I love this little table and chair set.  My nephew has one in his bedroom and its held up super well! Last year, I used the top of my computer table for a listening station table but may not be able to do that this year.  I put this one on the “maybe later” list (and stuck to my budget). Please feel free to give me a quick hand clap here.  Budget is such an ugly word.  I was very proud of myself for sticking to it….

photo 5

Whoooooa, Nelly! I almost had to be drug off of this aisle! Do you see all of those wonderful, colorful, plastic bins?  Organization, heaven! For every shelf they make, they’ve got the bins that fit perfectly into them. Don’t you just hear them calling your name?! Only a teacher would find this aisle completely fascinating, so I had to roll through there pretty quickly in order to contain myself!

Do you have an IKEA or Container Store near you?  Comment below and tell us where you shop to get your classroom organized and ready to go for the new year!

As I was wrapping up this post…my nephew asked me if I would share his artwork with you!  He’s too sweet and very talented.  Being artsy runs in our family and it seems the gene is in full swing with the next generation.  He’s only 12, so it’ll be exciting to see what else he has in store! Enjoy!

photo 

Have a terrific Tuesday, bloggy buds!

13 comments:

  1. I love your nephew's art! I love your Ikea finds! Most importantly, I LOVE all shades of GREY (on book 3)! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the canopy...and I think the green dude looks like broccoli. ;) I need to get myself to IKEA!

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. The artwork is amazing!

    I am excited to go to IKEA. I am going Friday and I will be visting The Container Store also. I have never been there but I have been to IKEA when I visted Marylan last year

    You are lucky that IKEA is only 45 minutes for you the closest one for me is 6 hours and it was either TEXAS or ATL. I chose to go to ATL b/c TEXAS is too darn hot.

    If I would have known you were going we could have had a mini blogger meet up! Ha I guess I am a day late and a dollar short

    Last year I got those numbered bins and I love them. Along with the teacher desk I plan on getting those tables and chairs.

    Looks like you got some great things

    Pocket Full of Kinders

    Shuna P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the pieces I see from Ikea. I want to run to the store and buy everything. But then I think about the trek over the George Washington Bridge and NJ turnpike and I just weep.. LOL.. Looks like you got some great stuff!

    I see you have a lil artist on your hands.

    Tai Patrice
    speechchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ikea is such a fun place! My husband loves the shopping carts that go in any direction. I have a shelf with those colored bins at my house (they might come to school with me this year) and they are great!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I need those bins!!!!! thanks for sharing your finds. I love the art work, too, I initially thought it was from IKEA, too. He has talent.

    First Grade Journal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an IKEA 20 minutes from my house and I really really need to stay away! I could spend hours in there! lol

    That dude looks like a broccoli to me! Hehehe!

    ✿Valerie
    All Students Can SHINE

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was the same way with those numbered bins! Couldn't decide what they were for yet, but I wanted them! If they had made more numbers, I think I would've used them for centers. With at least one more, they would have been great for passing out group supplies. Maybe they could be for supplies that go together, like white boards, markers, and erasers? (I have those mini white boards from Target last year!)

    Anyway- good finds! :)
    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to laugh when you said an hour of quietly shopping alone is like a mini vacation. That is SO true lol. I cherish my shopping trips alone!! I love love love IKEA. Those color bins are exactly what I need to get myself organized. I feel a trip to IKEA in my near future. :) You found a lot of great ideas!!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am envious of your great finds!! IKEA is soooo far away from me. However, online is just a click away! Good for you for sticking to your budget!

    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ikea finds. I wish I had an ikea near my place!

    WOW!! Can we say talented? Your nephews art is amazing!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your nephews art...really cool! As for IKEA...love it but must control myself! Lol

    Just found your blog through the shopping link party at Ladybug Teacher, will be visiting often. :-)

    Rhonda :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little love.....Thanks! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...