Thursday, July 5, 2012

THE HEART OF A TEACHER




Follow The Famous Yellow Road


To me, being a teacher means love, fun, joy, and excitement! You have to reach their hearts before you can reach their heads! I go to work everyday with a goal in mind of making learning fun while instilling a life long love for learning in my students.  I'm a nut for structure, but only because it allows for soooo much learning to take place once its instilled.


My classroom is a loud, active, musical, active place to be! We sing, we laugh, we play, we learn but most of all....we care.  We care for each other in a way that no one outside of the 4 walls of our classroom will ever understand.


Below is a little letter that I've sent home in my student's report cards at the end of the year that describes wonderfully what being a teacher to my sweet students means to me!  Enjoy!





You can click the pic to grab a copy for yourself! 

Happy blog hopping!

6 comments:

  1. That is a great letter! I read that to my parents at my end of the year awards ceremony & just lost it & started crying. The words just describe the impact that our students have on us perfectly!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love the letter very heartfelt. If you don't mind I am going to use it next yr (once I find a job)

    First Grade Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lisa! I gave up on trying to read that letter to my parents once I went into the "ugly cry" one year! LOL...that's why I had to start tucking into their report card envelope! :)

    Mrs. Wright...please do! I'm not sure who wrote it originally and have seen it written a little differently here or there. Please use it and share....so heartwarming! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the letter! Super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your classroom sounds like a wonderful place to be! And I love that letter. Thank you for sharing!

    Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little love.....Thanks! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...