Sunday, March 25, 2012

awesome anchors & a give~Away!

How was your weekend?  I hope you had an opportunity to rest and have fun!  I spent it in the company of some great gals that I adore…celebrating an upcoming birth! There’s nothing more exciting than showering a mommy-to-be with love and gifts!  Luckily, I began the weekend celebrating because I’m closing it out TEXAS JALEPENO CHILI PEPPER HOT! My air conditioning unit is on the fritz! Needless to say I’ll be calling the repairman as soon as the rooster’s crow in the morning!

This is a picture of our weekly test review from last year.  We read Whistle for Willie by Ezra Jack Keats last week and focused on cause and effect.   I was looking through my pictures for examples of anchor charts and quickly realized that I don’t have as many from this year!  That little “doo-hickie” to the right of the board is a Mimio and because we’re moving towards using more technology, I tend to use digital charts more and only have them on display, as needed.  I did manage to find a couple though.  Check them out, below!

     photo 1

             photo 5photo 3 photo 2

Can you tell that that I like to doodle?  I think it started right around the time I learned to write my name and never stopped!

Next week, we’ll be working with a non-fiction text about butterflies!  Our butterfly larvae have been ordered and are on the way! My fingers are crossed that they’ll arrive before Friday…but we’ll enjoy watching them emerge even if they’re a little late! Reading about all the critters that come out in spring will be fun. Testing will be going on this week too, so it will be important for us to stay busy and QUIET! If its that time of year at your school too, click here to grab the writing paper we’ll be using to write about the stages of the butterfly’s life cycle.

photo 3

OK, ok….enough already!   I know you’re thinking….where’s the give away?  Well, bloggy buddies…….drum roll, please……HERE it is!  It’s my latest little packet of goodies! These are 4 fun fact family activities that you can use in stations or math tubs or however they’ll work best for YOU!  Now, here’s the catch……it’s already been added to my little shop at TPT, BUT if you are one of the first 3 followers to leave a comment on this post, I will happily email it to you for   F-R-E-E!  What are you waiting for?  Go, comment away and if you’re up late like me…go get some sleep! Happy blogging all….have a Magical Monday!  I can’t wait to check back for comments!

facts  

6 comments:

  1. Your unit looks so cute!

    Gladys
    teachinginhighheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really cute!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great

    pocketofkinders@gmail.com

    Ms. Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that butterfly anchor chart! Fabulous!
    (new follower =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank SO much for posting on my blog about FUNdations! I'm so happy to have found someone else in blog world that uses it. I'd *love* to see photos! :) I'm so happy to hear the fundations police has not arrested you yet - gives me hope! :)
    You're right though, whoever added the word fun in there is a really boring person but I am seeing a lot of good come out of the program. :) take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, ladies! While I'm a night owl...a couple of you are quite the early birds! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have emailed the file, as promised and hope it works well for you! What can I say...wow! Thanks for joining in the fun, Jennifer! What a compliment! Blogging just keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little love.....Thanks! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...