Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcome...

...to my purplelicious, little home away from home! I've struggled some with setting up my classroom this year, but we have made the best of the arrangement we're using. My campus is brand-spankin' new so there's a "no staples" rule {that makes me cringe~oh, the agony}. I thought I wouldn't be able to survive it, but have managed to pull through! After spending a small fortune on command strips...this is what we've been working with and it's been changed throughout the year as the need has surfaced. My creative wheels are already turning, thinking of ways to improve it for next year.  If you look closely, you may see some of the wonderful freebies I've found while blog hopping!



Who says anchor charts have to be square?
 

One of my favorite classroom finds was this little pocket chart stand. It's actually not a pocket chart stand at all. It's an adjustable garment rack that looks better and gets the same job done for a third of the price! I found it at my usual fave, Target! I've always loved using word ladders in the classroom and was quite pleased with this little pocket chart find too! Teaching the kids to start @ the bottom was a little bit of a challenge, but once they got it, they really enjoyed seeing the word change as it climbed the ladder. (I love it because they're manipulating sounds and reading MORE words than they realize!)


Have an amazing day!

8 comments:

  1. I alway enjoy peaking into others classroom!

    That's not noisy is it?

    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I love, love, love pictures! You're a teacher...it's not being nosy, it's collaboration, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks great! I'm jealous of all of her storage. A teacher can never have too much storage, right? Welcome to TPT and the blogging world!

    Michelle
    Teach123

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your wonderful AND BIG classroom...I am trying not to be jealous since I teach in a closet! =)

    Blessings to you!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! I love the anchor charts! What a fun classroom you have. I'm your newest follower!

    Katie Smith
    http://iwanttobeasuperteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lover your blog and TpT store and just became your newest follower. Please come check out my new blog! Thanks!

    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Errr...I mean I "love" your blog! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your giant vowels! I am awarding you the lovely blog award! Come stop by and see!

    Ashley

    http://firstgradesmartcookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little love.....Thanks! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...